donderdag 13 juni 2013

Hard drive replacement for my iMac 24 inch, Late 2006 (HDD: WD10EZEX)

Yesterday I finally replaced the HDD of my iMac 24 inch, Late 2006 (iMac 6,1 a.k.a. MA456LL), it was a lot easier than I thought it would be (thanks to the help of the ifixit guide). My old HDD broke down about a month after waranty expired, since then I've used an external 1TB FW800 drive which worked fine, but finally replaced it...

Extra info:
Old drive that the iMac arrived with: WD2500JS (WD Caviar SE 250GB)
New drive: WD10EZEX (WD Blue 1TB 3,5", SATA III (aka SATA 600),7200RPM, 64MB)

 I was worried about the combination of the SATA I interface of the motherboard, with SATA III of the HDD, worried about the jumper settings... But it just worked out of the box, no jumper settings needed. (HDD temp. at the moment 40C°, sound levels are fine)

 I couldn't find any info about this drive in this iMac model, so hopefully it will help someone else...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten